Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Sacapuntas


Sacapuntas is the greatest word in the Spanish language. It just sounds like it has strong meaning. Not only that but the word rolls off the tongue beautifully. Take a moment and say the word...Sacapuntas. Wow. Don't you sound badass? I know I do.

Sacapuntas isn't the only spanish word I know. I took Spanish for 4 years in high school, and although I'm not fluent in the language. I can pretty much hold my own if I'm ever stranded in Tijuana. So since I'm sort of an expert I wanted to share some spanish phrases that will help you survive if you are ever trapped in a spanish speaking country:

1. tengo un lapiz y mi lapiz es amarillo
(translation - I have a pencil and my pencil is yellow.)

2. usted toca la guitarra
(translation - Do you play guitar?)

3. su madre duerme con mi perro (be cautious with this one.)
(translation - Your mother sleeps with my dog.)

4. donde esta la biblioteca
(translation - Where is the library?)

5. cuanto para el espanol vuela
(translation - How much for spanish fly?)

6. hace el estrade del erik vivo aqui
(translation - Does Erik Estrada live here?)

7. Vicki Martinez drives a Chevy
(translation - Vicki Martinez drives a Chevy.)