Friday, August 26, 2005

Top Ten: Album Covers

Recently I came across a site that had listed the worst album covers ever. Well I beg to differ. I believe these are some of the best album covers ever and you'll see why. Here is my list of the top ten album covers of all time.

#10. Many Faces of Roger - Roger
That Roger is such a card always making faces. One time he made this face, and man let me tell you it was hilarious. My favorite face of Rogers is his 'O' face

#9. Country Church - Country Church
If only the Amish listened to music. Country Church would have been huge. They were the Osmonds before the Osmonds.

#8. Can I Borrow a Feelin' - Cody Matherson
Cody, Cody, Cody. Man you must have been huge in the trailer parks. All I have to say is sure Cody you can borrow a feelin'

#7. Leibe Mutter - Heino
Leibe Mutter translate into 'Loves Nut/Mother' Well who doesn't love a nut. But I'm guessing it's loves mother, because it's clear that the flowers must be a gift for Heino's mother.

#6. Trees Talk Too - Geraldine and Ricky
I don't care what anyone says. Ricky was the heart and soul of Geraldine and Ricky. Once he left the band it clearly was over. Who in their right mind would want to listen to just Geraldine.

#5. I Love my Life - Jim Post
Who wouldn't love their life if they looked as good as Jim without a shirt standing under some sort of waterfall.

#4. Julie's Sixteenth Birthday - Jim Bult
I'm guessing Jim is maybe Julie's dad. Could be an uncle, or maybe he is here Gym teacher, and they went for a bite to eat to celebrate her 16th birthday. Biggest hits on the album were: She had me at hello, and Judge sentenced me to 10 years.

#3. Por Primera Vez - Tino
The original Rico Suave. Paco, Gerardo, Menudo and Ricky Martin can't hold a candle to Tino. Tino's follow up album titled 'Sacapuntas' was just as good.

#2. Tijuana Picnic - Colonel Sanders
First off who knew the Colonel could sing. And second, where does he find the time. I heard that if you play this record backwards you do hear the ingredients for the Colonel's secret recipe. Biggest hit was Tijuana take your mother to a gangbang.

#1. By Request Only - Ken
A request huh? Hmmm, let me think about that one, the possibilities are endless. I'd love to hear Ken sing just about anything. Maybe a little Fernando, Bohemian Rhapsody, All Out of Love, or maybe my favorite from Juice Newton, Queen of Hearts, or in Ken's case, King. Ken had to be a hit with the ladies. Just look at him, what is there not to love. Unfortunately I couldn't locate the songs on 'by Request Only,' which is truly a shame because I was dying to know which songs Ken chose to sing. I bet they were great.