Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Movie Pick: Breakin'


My movie pick for today is Breakin'. The first one not Electric Boogaloo. Now I know Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo has more of a cult following, but Breakin' is where it all began. Where we learned the ways of Turbo, Ozone, & Special K. Don't get me wrong I loved Electric Boogaloo, but the whole save our center thing has been overplayed to much in dance movies. Not to mention the colors in Electric Boogaloo were very very bright. Which took away from the breakin' itself.

I also enjoyed the danceoffs in Breakin' way more than in EB. I long for the days when our youth battled it out doing windmills on cardboard instead of drive-bys. If the troubled youth of today would take time out from their fourties and watch Breakin', Breakin' 2, and even Krush Groove they'd know that the key to non violence is the centipede and the head spin.


Breakin' Collection